Recently I’ve discovered a mega-cheat to creating quick delicious fresh breakfast juice at home. It is SO easy to make, I feel slightly fraudulent writing instructions. . .
Nevertheless I am writing instructions, because even though I kind of knew that I knew how to make this juice, I didn’t put 2 + 2 together (or 1 + 1) as it happens, until Oli’s brother James introduced me to it.
. HOW TO MAKE THE WORLD’S EASIEST BREAKFAST JUCIE .
- Take one watery fruit. I’ve been using watermelon or pink grapefruit.
- Optional – add an additional ‘balance’ fruit. I use raspberries, strawberry or nectarine to balance the sharpness of grapefruit. Watermelon tastes delicious alone.
- Dice fruit.
- Add to blender. We bought a second hand Nutribullet and yes it is amazing as everyone says.
- Top up with a little water or ice.
- POW. Delicious morning juice.
Really, it isn’t more complicated than that! Which is GREAT news – more time to scroll through Instagram over brekkie . . . ????
Breakfast is 100% my favourite meal of the day – I would eat it morning, noon and night. A fresh juice adds an amazing boost of vitamins to my morning routine, and given that I am blending it myself, I know that it is pure.
Another benefit? The cost.
Blending your own breakfast juice costs a fraction of buying juice out. A grapefruit from my local fruit vendor costs 45p!
Recently Oli and I have really made an effort to cut back on unnecessary costs including grabbing food and drink on the go, it has made a huge difference to both our spending (those £5’s here and there add up SO quick!) but also to how much we appreciate a treat when we do indulge.
How do you guys feel about blending up your own breakfast juice?
Do you have any ingredient combinations you love?
Obviously I am keen to discuss breakfast deliciousness (all day every day) . . .
Love, Monica x