3 Glow-Getting Beauty Habits To Get Into This Summer
Glow is my go-to word for summer when describing beauty. Can you tell?!
There’s nothing more beautiful than glowing skin from top to toe, but it goes deeper than that.
To truly achieve ‘that glow’ it takes a commitment to habits which will help you to attain that luminescence.
Today I am partnering with Philips Beauty and the incredible new Philips Lumea Prestige IPL hair removal device to share 3 of my glow-getting habits for summer.
Take these on board today and I guarantee that in a few short weeks you’ll be feeling altogether more glow-y 🙋🏻!
3 Glow-Getting Beauty Habits To Get Into This Summer
1 – Eat To Nourish Your Body
This is one habit which can’t been faked. If you nourish your body from within it shows in every facet of your life.
When you nourish yourself your skin is clearer, your hair is shiny and your energy levels are greatly improved too.
A few weeks ago I hopped on board with the Camille Styles cleanse to kick start my clean-eating for summer. Spoiler – this is probably the most delicious ‘cleanse’ you could ever hope to find!
I found that by starting off with a ‘one week goal’ it was easier to stick to clean eating than had I said ‘this is me changing my diet for good’. After one week of following the cleanse strictly, I’ve continued to follow it in a more relaxed manner as I loved the results!
If you want to change up how you nourish yourself, I suggest setting a short term goal – of say one week – and seeing how you feel afterwards. The likelihood is that you will feel more energised and will want to keep up with your new ‘spring in your step’ habit.
A short term goal can lead to a long term habit change.
Waking up feeling refreshed and energised, and with clearer skin, was incentive enough for me to make nourishing eating a habit to keep up with.
Learn what type of food nourishes your body and get into the habit of purchasing it, and ordering it, whenever you can.
2 – Set A Beauty Routine For Hair Removal
There is nothing like the feeling of silky soft legs to truly feel like you’re on top of your beauty game for summer.
For the past few weeks I’ve been using the Philips Lumea Prestige IPL hair removal device and it is a GAME CHANGER.
Previously I have always shaved my legs which requires near-daily maintenance, but the Philips Lumea Prestige IPL brings salon-quality hair removal into your home so that you can easily reduce your hair growth from the comfort of your sofa/bed/Netflix binge spot (insert your own comfort haven):
A few facts for you (and yes, these blew my mind too):
– Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) breaks the cycle of hair regrowth.
Gentle pulses of light are applied at the root and, after several treatments, hair is prevented from growing back.
– Objective studies show significant hair reduction after as few as 3 to 4 bi-weekly treatments, resulting in smooth, hair-free skin. To maintain results, touch up every 4 to 8 weeks.
– Philips Lumea Prestige has 5 energy settings and makes it easy for you to choose the right one thanks to the SmartSkin sensor. The SmartSkin sensor advises the best setting for your skin tone, any time you want.
You can check out the full low-down on the Philips Lumea Prestige here.
“the Philips Lumea Prestige IPL
brings salon-quality hair removal into your home
so that you can easily reduce your hair growth
from the comfort of your sofa/bed/Netflix binge spot (insert your own comfort haven)”
What are the results I’ve seen?
I’ve used two treatments at home of my Philips Lumea device so far. The process of using it is that you shave your legs first and follow up with a treatment.
Note – you can’t use the device right after tanning.
After the first time I used it I noticed less hair regrowth, and after the second significantly even less. I can’t wait to try my next one!
Great news too – you can also use the device on your underarms, bikini area and face.
The device comes with interchangeable heads which allows you to select the correct head for the curve of your body. The thought of hair-free underarms makes me practically JUMP for joy.
OH and the app!
In order to truly help you to get into your habit of hair removal, you can use the Philips Lumea IPL app to help you to keep track of your treatments and remind you of when your next one is due.
As a girl who loves to diarise everything this appealed to me immensely!
Bonus – the treatment is surprisingly quick. It took me about 10 minutes per leg, which was the perfect amount of time to settle into one of my favourite podcasts and just have a little ‘me time’.
Create A Sleeping Environment Which Allows You To Fully Rest
Perhaps the most fundamental glow-getting tip of all – sleep!
And with the heatwave we’ve been experiencing in England, more specifically, GOOD sleep.
It’s so important to create a sleeping environment which will truly allow you to rest.
A few things you can do to help with this?
- Turn off unused electrical devices, and if you can, leave your telephone in a separate room to where you sleep.
- Keep your sheets clean, and turn down your bed on particularly warm days to allow your sheets to air so that they will feel cooler when you hop in at the end of the day.
- Reduce the clutter in your bedroom. Many studies have shown that a busy environment can create a busy mind which is the last thing you want when trying to get to sleep. Banish the clutter from your bedroom to enjoy more calm surroundings.
- Have a ‘wind down routine’. I find it’s preferable to disconnect from social media at least two hours before bedtime. I then kick-start my wind down routine with a herbal tea, an episode of a show I love, taking off my makeup and luxuriating in my skincare routine. This is also normally the time I top up on beauty habits like painting my nails but it would also be perfect for using your Philips Lumea!
- Read! The thing which finally sends me to sleep is always a few pages of a book or magazine.
This article by my friend Anneli is also a fantastic guide for getting more sleep and creating a bedroom environment which is conducive to it.
Achieving ‘that glow’ requires a little time and effort and most importantly – good habits to get you there.
Nourishing your body, getting on top of those silky pins and getting enough sleep will set you up for a truly glow-y summer ahead.
What’s Your Take?
Which habits help you to get glowing? Have you tried the Philips Lumea Prestige?
You can check out the Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal Device here – and if you’re thinking of purchasing – be quick as it’s currently in sale!
Love, Monica x
Thank you to Philips for sponsoring this post.