Today is the final instalment of this week’s work from home special! It has been SO much fun! We are tying up all loose ends with a comprehensive look at my complete home office plus tips for personalising YOUR work space. All of today’s tips can be used at home or within a traditional work environment – so don’t worry if you don’t have an at home office (yet!)!
- Fresh flowers
- Fun stationary
- Colourful notebooks
- Inspiration board & books
- Motivational Poster
- Personalised mug
- Tasty, healthy snacks
- Trinkets dish
- Jewellery box turned stationary store
- Patterned Rug
Read on for comprehensive notes and pics of my personalised work space . . .
1. Fresh Flowers – Bringing a beautiful, natural element to your office is a gentle reminder of the world outside. I find colour super inspiring so I love to have arrangements in bright seasonal hues – personal vases are a great addition to any desktop.
2. Fun Stationary – Developing a collection of fun pens, pencils and general stationary, is a great way to put your individual stamp on your office. It may be psychosomatic but I genuinely feel more excited about putting pen to paper when my stationary looks pretty. I picked up my favourites from the V&A gift shop, some unique pencils from the Vogue Festival and a cute lipstick pen I was given at a press day – you can buy one similar here.
3. Colourful Notebooks – I always carry a Moleskin notebook with me, they are smart and conveniently sized for handbags. In the past I have had black – perennially chic – but when I went full time with the blog I decided I would treat myself to bright red which made me feel even more enthused to jot down all of my ideas and notes. I constantly write lists and find them super useful for getting my work in order, and worries off of my mind before bed.
7. Tasty, Healthy Snacks – Keeping HEALTHY snacks at hand is a great way to curve ‘bad food’ cravings. I like to have fresh fruit and nuts at hand. I prepare mine right at the beginning of the day; that way when hunger strikes at around 11 (the elevenses are TRUE!) I’m not even tempted to venture towards the fridge or shop for an unhealthy alternative. My aim is to basically never be REALLY hungry – that’s when I reach for starchy ‘filler’ food.
I have really enjoyed this week’s dedicated topical posting, if you guys have suggestions on a item which you would like advice on – drop me a line! The Elgin Avenue is as much about YOU, so input is welcome with open arms. * demonstrates Italian Mama-esque embrace *